Today in a press release VMware reported their results for the Third Quarter of 2012. VMware’s U.S. revenues for the third quarter of 2012 grew 25% to $554 million from 2011 while their International revenues grew 16% to $580 million from 2011. License revenues for the third quarter of 2012 were $491 million, an increase of 11% from 2011.
From the press release Financial Highlights include:
- Revenues for the third quarter were $1.13 billion, an increase of 20% from the third quarter of 2011, and 22% measured in constant currency.
- Operating income for the third quarter was $190 million, an increase of 5% from the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP operating income for the third quarter was $365 million, an increase of 28% from the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income for the third quarter was $157 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, compared to $178 million, or $0.41 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $303 million, or $0.70 per
Stratetic Highlights include:
- In late August, VMware hosted VMworld® 2012 in San Francisco. The event attracted a record 21,000 customers, partners, press and analysts, and 250 sponsors and exhibitors signifying major interest from the IT industry in cloud computing and the next generation of IT. In early October, VMware hosted VMworld Europe in Barcelona, attracting more than 8,000 attendees to the Company’s regional user conference.
- On August 27, VMware unveiled a comprehensive solution of cloud infrastructure and management products, expertise and ecosystem support to help customers drive greater efficiency and improve operational agility. At the heart of the announcement was the new VMware vCloud® Suite 5.1– the first solution to deliver the Software Defined Data Center. The vCloud suite integrates VMware’s leading virtualization, cloud infrastructure and management portfolio into a single SKU, simplifying the adoption of cloud era technologies.
Check out the VMware release for full details.