Today in a press release Citrix announced the release of VDI-in-a-Box 5.1. VDI-in-a-Box recently won the 2012 Best Interop award for delivering a simple, affordable yet complete VDI solution with personalized end-user experiences. The latest release of VDI-in-a-Box delivers complete end-user personalization with personal vDisk technology that allows end-user applications and data to be preserved while giving IT the ability to manage only a single instance of the master image – saving time and cost.
From the press release key bullet points of the 5.1 release are:
- Personalized Virtual Desktops
- Single Instance Management
- Cost-effective Windows-as-a-Service with VDI
- Better performance, Google Earth Support
- Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8 (Beta)
- Proactive Monitoring and Alerting
Check out the Citrix press release for full details.