I have seen this rumour posted a few blog sites today, Gabe’s Virtual World being a primary one, as well as on twitter. It looks like Vmware maybe adjusting their vSphere 5 licensing based on the user feedback received since the vSphere 5 announcement.
The updated policy potentially will look like the below:
- VMware vSphere 5 Essentials - 24GB vRAM entitlement
- VMware vSphere 5 Essentials Plus - 32GB vRAM entitlement
- VMware vSphere 5 Standard vRAM - 32GB vRAM entitlement
- VMware vSphere 5 Enterprise vRAM - 64GB vRAM entitlement
- VMware vSphere 5 Enterprise Plus - 96GB vRAM entitlement
If I see an official announcement on thisor if the rumour turns out to not be true I will post back an update.