The Xen.org community as recently made available the 4.1.1 Maintenance Release. Xen.org develops the Xen hypervisor under the General Public License (GPL) as an opernsource hypervisor offering.
Xen 4.1.1 is a maintenance release in the 4.1 series and contains:
- Security fixes including CVE-2011-1583 and CVE-2011-1898
- Enhancements to guest introspection (VM single stepping support for very fine-grained access control)
- Many stability improvements, such as:
- PV-on-HVM stability fixes (fixing some IRQ issues)
- XSAVE cpu feature support for PV guests (allows safe use of latest multimedia instructions)
- RAS fixes for high availability
- fixes for offlining bad pages
- changes to libxc, mainly of benefit to libvirt
- Compatibility fixes for newer Linux guests, newer compilers, some old guest savefiles, newer Python, grub2, some hardware/BIOS bugs.